Is Your Skin as Healthy as You Think? Here’s The Best Way to Find Out
You’ve probably heard the saying, “beauty is more than skin deep”. A figure of speech usually referring to the enduring effects of true love beyond the inevitable fading of youth. The old saying has more meaning than it implies. Have you ever wondered what your skin looks like beneath what you can see in the mirror?
Beauty truly is more than skin deep. In fact, determining the health of your skin requires taking a deeper look at the inner layers of your dermis. Similar to an iceberg that reveals only a fraction of its true size, above the oceans vast water line, your epidermis (outer layer) is revealing less than 10% of your skin, concealing potential problems that lurk below.
Unlocking these secrets is possible today with advanced technology. Screening systems that use infrared light, cameras and highly intelligent software to reveal a complete picture of you and your skin’s secrets.
In the past skin care experts used something called a Wood’s lamp to examine the skin’s condition. A Wood’s lamp is an ultraviolet light (black light) held close to the surface of the skin to reveal discoloration, sun damage and bacteria that causes acne breakouts. The Wood’s lamp is a handy tool, but it has its limits since it cannot reveal what is deep in the skin.
Today’s technology gives us a thorough view of the skin inside and out. The Visia complexion analysis machine uses IntelliFlash® and RBX® Technology to measure surface and subsurface skin conditions. Offering the first complete skin analysis. From a single session with the Visia, we call it a Fit-Skin-Analysis at Skin Bar NYC, you will experience the most complete data set for sun damage assessment, porphyrins, (acne causing bacteria) wrinkles, tone, texture and pigmentation. All captured from left, right and front facial views.
Skin Bar NYC, is one of the only spas in New York city that use the Visia in a truly unique way. Every new client has a Fit-Skin-Analysis to determine a clients goals and show with scientifically backed data the true health profile of their skin. Then, from time to time, revisiting the Fit-Skin- Photo-Booth to overlay new images and show you a side by side comparison of your progress. Most spas rely on subjective improvement. Skin Bar NYC uses scientific analysis to show you quantitative improvement that you can trust.
Why do I need a Fit-Skin-Analysis?
Before you invest in any skin care services you want to know exactly what your skin needs for maintenance, correction and prevention. A Fit-Skin-Analysis allows for a comprehensive discussion regarding your skin and your personal skin care goals. Together you and your skin care expert will use the data from Visia to create a comprehensive treatment plan to achieve your goals, using your first set of images as your baseline to track progress over time.
Your skin care expert will use the data set to show you damage in the deeper layers of skin that can’t be seen with the naked eye. Over time this damage rises to the surface.
A Fit-Skin-Analysis reveals the most significant factors affecting the health and look of your skin:
1) Sun damage- The most common condition that makes our skin look older than it really is. Identifying where sun damage exists allows for targeted treatments that will remove the damage. More importantly, Visia technology reveals sun damage that lays in the deeper layers of your skin that you can’t see today, but will surface over time. Ouch!
2) Pore Size- Everyone is concerned with pore size. And most of us don’t need a fancy test to reveal them, but watching them progressively shrink over time with consistent laser facials and deep pore cleansing facials will encourage you to maintain your skin care routine.
3) Wrinkles- Considered by some a sign of character and wisdom, most of us in todays society would rather take a pass on wrinkles if they had the option. Visia technology uses 3-D technology to trace wrinkles and fine lines, then compares your accumulated wisdom to others in your age group. I can honestly say I never want to the one with the most wisdom! Don’t you agree?
4)Porphyrins- Are the bacteria that are responsible for acne breakouts. Your data imaging set will display where high levels of these little demons exist on the face. Armed with this intel your skin care expert can target the areas with true accuracy. A targeted approach is much more effective and healthier for your skin.
5) Tone and Texture- Even skin tone = Youthful Appearance. That’s why tone and texture are so important. RBX® technology separates the unique color signatures of red and brown for unequaled visualization of skin tone and evenness.
6) Comparative Analysis- In my view the most important of all the wonderful benefits of a Fit-Skin-Analysis. Rather than relying on memory and opinions, this analysis removes subjectivity and replaces it with scientific analysis that you can trust. When you invest your time and money in skin care you want to know how your investment is paying off.
If you want great skin, but you’re not sure where to start, let Skin Bar NYC help you. Our skin care specialists can customize an at home routine that will help you achieve your beauty goals. At Skin Bar NYC we offer the ultimate skin care program in the form of memberships. Pay a monthly membership fee and choose from any of our services, based on your skin care needs. Our program is designed to ensure that you maintain a consistent skin care program. It’s like having a trainer for your skin. And it’s affordable- memberships start at $99. Call us today to find out more.